Therapists

Our clinical social workers bring a range of experience and expertise to diagnosing and treating mental health disorders, and we’re confident in their ability to get you back on track. Most of our providers are in network with Aetna, Cigna, Oscar, Oxford, UnitedHealthcare, and Optum. Click HERE to learn more about fees and insurance.

Ugochi Okorie

Ugochi Okorie

Licensed Clinical Social Worker, New Jersey and New York

“Where you are right now is a valid place to be AND you can change.” – Bill O’Hanlon.

Ugochi believes that, at the core, clients come to therapy in order to create change. If your problem happens 98 percent of the time, therapy conversations will be about the other 2 percent. Ugochi is a Solution Focused Therapist, a respectful approach that focuses intensely on discovering what works.

Ugochi believes that the outcome you desire from therapy can be brought about by combining what you already know about yourself with what she knows about relationships, behavior and facilitating meaningful change. One of the most fulfilling aspects of Ugochi’s work is supporting clients in discovering what works in relation to the challenges that bring them to seek help.

If you are looking to be treated with respect, given real reasons for hope, and inspired to discover lasting remedies for your challenges, Ugochi would be honored to work with you.

Ugochi believes deeply in the power of the client/therapist relationship and views clients as collaborative partners in healing. She assumes clients are competent people who just want to get beyond the obstacles that are preventing them from having a more satisfactory life.

As such, work with Ugochi will focus on helping you to gently reconnect to hope and start moving forward in ways that are good for you. This frees you up to explore alternative (and more useful) ways of thinking, feeling, and acting.

Work with Ugochi will be characterized by respect, safety, curiosity, and hard work done in the form of conversations. This essentially means that the focus will be on your lived experience, what you actually say, and developing a vision of what it is that you want to be different and better in your life.

Conversations like these are likely to result in you leaving the first meeting with a sense of possibility, direction, and more hope than you anticipated. This often leads to progress no longer seeming like an overwhelming unknown but rather a realistic, doable next step toward feeling and doing better.

Clients most often describe Ugochi as gentle, encouraging, and highly inquisitive in ways that provoke deep thought, insight, and ultimately change. Ugochi has specialization working with individuals who are new to therapy or have somehow gotten stuck trying to deal with life’s challenges and are ready to try something new.

Ugochi looks forward to partnering with you.


Education

Master’s of Clinical Social Work, New York University

Bachelor’s of Art, Economics and Hispanic Studies, University of Pennsylvania


In-network Insurances

Cigna, Humana & Optum (Oscar, Oxford, UnitedHealthcare & UMR)


Appointments

For new and existing patients, schedule a video appointment with Ugochi below.  You can also call the office at (888) 220-6392.

Ugochi Okorie is accepting new patients.